Monday, March 31, 2014

Complexity’s pleasures.


Being apart of this research as broadened my horizons. While moving research forward I have learned ideas and disciplines that I would of never ran into during a standard biology major education. One of the more recent things I have been exposed to do to research is ‘System Complexity’.

I’ve read articles and books about System Complexity and found it quite interesting. The concepts lends nicely to the research. In multiple writings the level of complexity a system contains is directly related to the rate of errors or disruptions that happen in the system. As we bring in more data this concept might prove true in services and production companies we are studying.

Another thing I found delightful about System Complexity is that the research surrounding it largely uses organic system to illustrate the concept. This has allowed me to directly use the knowledge I have gain in my biology classes to better this research.  

Studying complexity has been a highlight during this research.

No comments:

Post a Comment